www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Baby-proof, Schmaybe-proof

Tyler walked up to me this morning carrying an outlet cover. You know, the plastic things you plug into the outlets so kids can't stick fingers, paper, toys, whatever, into the outlets.

And he was carrying the outlet faceplate cover. You know, the thing that keeps kids from sticking their little fingers in beside the outlet and grabbing hot wires.

If that isn't bad enough, I can't find the screw that is supposed to hold the faceplate in place. I have several theories. 1) There never was a screw and we just didn't realize that paint was barely holding the faceplate in place. 2) Tyler threw the screw in the vent right beside the outlet. 3) I need to borrow my uncle's metal detector to see if it beeps when I hold it next to Tyler's stomach. Anyone out there want to share comforting stories about children swallowing objects not meant to be swallowed?

No comments: