www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Belly and Bottom

When I first started this blog in September, I thought it might be too early. After all, I wanted the blog to be about Tyler and he was just turning 1 then. I really wanted to have a place to share the funny stories. He wasn't talking yet, so how much "material" would I have? Well, this is post #107, so I guess he's funnier than I thought or I'm boring you guys to tears!

Over the last few months, I've been amazed as Tyler's personality develops. He is hilarious, even though he barely talks.

For example, we finally got a full-length mirror in our bedroom. I wish Brian had the video camera in hand when Tyler first saw the mirror. Brian says he walked forward and backward, checking out the mirror. And then he started pulling up his t-shirt to check out his belly! Up and down with the t-shirt, up and down.

And yesterday, we were learning body parts. Tyler knows a lot: eyes, nose, mouth, teeth, ears, head, bellybutton, hands, fingers, knees, feet, toes. Eyes are the funniest — Tyler will point at one eye and you go on to "Where's your mouth?" Oh, but wait, you forgot the other eye. Tyler goes "anah!" (aka "another") and pokes his finger in the other eye! Well, yesterday, I decided we should learn "bottom" since we're playing with the potty-training. I said, "Where's your bottom?" He looked very confused, so I patted one side of his little diapered butt. Tyler said, "Anah!" and patted the other cheek!

No comments: