www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Monday, January 12, 2009

mmmmm... Marshmallows!

So, Tyler yelled, "Eat!" and ran to the pantry. Instead of pulling out dried bananas (his current favorite), he grabbed a bag of small marshmallows. I think this is one of those foods that the experts recommend waiting a while on (choking hazard), but if my son wants to try any new food, who am I to tell him "no"? So I gave him one for each hand and proceeded to eat a few myself. After several minutes of licking marshmallows (and feeding a few licked ones to me), he ate one. And asked for more. I think he ate five or six total. Tyler ate marshmallows!! I'm ecstatic.

But it makes me wish Paw-Paw were still here. He loved giving all the kids marshmallows, and every time we visited, he wanted so badly to spoil Tyler with treats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting again Jaime! I was sorry to read about Paw-Paw a while back, sometimes it's the little things like marshmallows that make us miss loved ones the most.

Jaime said...

Thanks, Nicole! It is silly, but I was so crying as I wrote that post. I mean, usually I'm crying because I'm so excited that Tyler is eating something new, but this time I just hated that I couldn't share it with my grandfather. And yet, I wonder if Paw-Paw had something to do with this new food, too!!