www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Friday, March 7, 2008

I think I married Spiderman.

Yes, I think Brian must be Spiderman. That is the only explanation for Tyler's climbing prowess. Or maybe Brian isn't as far along the evolutionary chart as I thought. Maybe I married a chimpanzee disguised as a 6-foot-tall human?

A few days ago, I caught Tyler on the other side of the gate in front of our fireplace. I assumed at the time that rearranging the furniture was a mistake and I'd put our red chair too close to the gate. However, I caught Tyler climbing up the gate today. His was using his toes to grip the vertical metal bars that make up the gate! His feet were more than halfway up the gate and he was still going.

And today, when Tyler refused to take a nap, he kept pointing at his crib. And he'd lay down in the crib as long as I read to him. But if I stopped reading (or reciting books from memory), he'd run back and forth in the crib and then try to climb out. He is capable of throwing one little foot over the top of the rail and hoisting himself up by using his elbows on top of the rail. I put an end to the experiment very quickly. I don't want him to realize that he can indeed climb out of the crib because he is not ready for a toddler bed.

And just now, I caught Tyler climbing my dishwasher. His hands were pulling up on the handle, and he was running his little feet up toward his hands and then just hanging there.

It must be his daddy's genes. I'm sure I never did such a thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember the monkey bars?