www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Friday, March 14, 2008

An Introduction to Arts & Crafts Supplies

I'm chicken. Brian is in Italy for a week, so I invited myself and Tyler to stay with my parents. My sister was in town for a few days, so I would've come down anyway. But I'm not going home 'til Brian comes back. I simply can't keep up with Tyler by myself. I need reinforcements.

My parents were home while my sister was in town, but they went to work today. And trouble struck this morning.

I was sitting in the floor of the office this morning with my laptop, trying to quickly submit two articles that were due today. I was up until midnight finishing them last night and I just needed 10 minutes to submit them in between the "No, Tyler"s and the "Don't touch"es.

Well, I missed a beat. Suddenly I smelled something unusual. It reminded me of glue.

Tyler was walking around nonchalantly. At least he wasn't eating whatever I smelled.

But I was practically sitting in a puddle of Mod Podge. "What is Mod Podge?" you ask. It is a type of glue used in craft projects. All you need to know is the bottle says, "Once Mod Podge dries, it cannot be removed."

And I read this right after I mopped up the wood floor with dry towels. (Because with an 18-month-old running around, you clean up the floor before you read the directions on how best to clean up the floor!) Gasp!! I frantically mopped up the floor with wet towels, and called my mama. She suggested the Swiffer Wet Jet so I tried that for good measure.

For those of you who are concerned that we've worn out the welcome at Grandma & Grandpa's - all seems to be fine with the floor.

For those of you who are laughing - I'm dropping Tyler off at your house the next time Brian goes out of town!!

No comments: