www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Even when they sleep, Mama doesn't...

Moms expect to be up all night the first few months after baby is born. For those of us who have trouble with the cry-it-out thing, we start thinking, "He'll have to sleep all night/by himself eventually."

And then they start doing a great job. Tyler still needs help getting to sleep, but for a whole week, he's slept by himself all night in the crib.

And then, he climbed out of the crib, so we had to change to a toddler bed. Another sleepless night for this mom.


Tyler actually did great. He woke up once last night. He was screaming — he sounded terrified. I don't know if it was a bad dream or if he was upset that the rail was missing. I just climbed into the toddler bed with him. He wrapped those little arms tightly around my neck and fell back to sleep within minutes. I trekked back to my bed.

But the rest of the night, I heard every bump. (I had the monitor turned up so I could hear if he fell out of the bed!) Once, I was sure he'd fallen onto the pillow we placed by the bed, so I went to check on him. He was sound asleep in the bed.

Now that he's sleeping so well, I just need to learn to sleep through the night again!

No comments: