www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

First Band-aid

I'm not really sure how, but Tyler took a chunk of skin off his toe yesterday. He took a tumble as I was getting him dressed. He may have dropped a toy on his foot. Or maybe he had a blister that I hadn't noticed and the skin came off.

Either way, he doesn't normally cry, even when he skins his knees, so when he started howling, I started looking for a reason. It didn't take me long to find it. There was blood all over his little foot. I cleaned him up and went looking for the Band-aids. I'd stocked up on Snoopy and Nemo Band-aids at the grocery store after he came home from the lake all scraped up.

So I wrapped Snoopy around his toe. He wasn't happy about it, so I put another Band-aid around the same toe on the other foot. I figured if he tried to take one off, he would focus on the one that didn't hurt.

And I turned on Clifford, the Big Red Dog to distract him. It worked. But as soon as Clifford was over, he was pulling at the band-aids, so I took them off.

I thought Snoopy was supposed to make it feel better! At what age do they start coveting band-aids for imagined boo-boos? My son won't even tolerate them to keep the blood off my carpet and sofa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Neither of mine like bandaids actually ON them. They like to play with them and stick them all over the house! Savannah tells me she doesn't like them because they hurt her "fur" when she pulls them off! :)