www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Monday, May 12, 2008

Punishment Before the Crime

Tyler has taken to spanking himself.

At first, it was just after I popped his leg. For example:

Tyler opens cabinet under sink at my grandparents’ house.

ME: Tyler, don’t touch. Close it. No! (I help him close the cabinet door.)

Tyler opens the cabinet door again.

ME: NO! Don’t touch. Close it. (I help him close the cabinet door.)

Tyler opens the cabinet door again.

ME: NO! Mama said, ‘don’t touch.’ (I pull his jeans off and swat his little leg a few times.)

Tyler stares at the closed door and slaps his own leg. He runs into the other room, still slapping his leg.

Second example: The other day, he threw something down the stairs and spanked himself when I scolded him.

Last night, he randomly slapped his while standing in the living room. I laughed and told Brian, “He’s been doing that — spanking himself right after I’ve spanked him.” Tyler then went over to the chair, grabbed a pillow and threw it over the baby gate: something he KNOWS he isn’t supposed to do.

No comments: