www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Friday, October 26, 2007

Who is Sleeping Beside Me?

Tyler got the second of his two flu shots yesterday evening. Brian also got his flu shot yesterday and he kept talking about how his arm hurt. So we gave Ty some Motrin without waiting to see if he would need it.

Well the Motrin wore off around 1 a.m. Tyler started crying, so I went in to check on him. He fell asleep as soon as I started rubbing his back, but he started crying again about 15 minutes later.

I remembered the flu shot so I got some more Motrin for him. I decided to sleep in the guest bed with him for a little while so I could comfort him until the Motrin kicked in.

He promptly rolled to the other side of the bed, away from me, and leaning against the mesh rail that we bought to keep him from falling off the bed. He fell right to sleep. So much for needing comfort.

Even with the mesh rail, I still have a fear that Tyler will wake up and try to crawl off the bed, so I slept with my hand on his leg so that I would wake up if he moved.

I didn't wake up until after 5, and I decided to take him back to his bed then. He was sound asleep and didn't even whimper when I dropped him in the crib.

I snuggled back down in my bed and fell sound asleep.

I guess Brian woke up before his alarm went off. At any rate, I didn't hear the alarm. I woke up to someone crawling -- or falling -- out of bed. Of course, I thought I was in the guest room and that Tyler was crawling out of bed. I went from sound sleep to frantically scrambling and grabbing for Tyler, who was still safely asleep in his crib.

No comments: