www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mysterious Accessory to Kitchen Aid Mixer

Do you know what this is? It came with my Kitchen Aid mixer that I got for Christmas. When I first opened the mixer box in January, I spent a couple of hours going through the manual and even looking online to see if I could figure out what it is. I googled things like "mesh square Kitchen Aid."

I even called my mom who has a Kitchen Aid mixer and who gave me this one as a Christmas gift. I thought I remembered her having one of these when she first got her mixer, although I hadn't seen it in a while. She didn't remember what I was talking about.

I hesitantly decided it was meant to keep the beaters from scraping up the bowl when they are stored in it. I dutifully stored the mysterious square in my mixing bowl, under the beaters just in case. Plus, I figured I'd have it in the future if I came up with a better explanation.

I have a better explanation. Are you ready for this?

Today, I found another square exactly like this one in Tyler's game designed to help kids with sensory issues. My sister gave to Tyler at Christmas, but he tried to eat all the pieces so I put it up for a while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i was wondering what the heck that thing was. alls i know is i wasn't eating anything you cooked using that to prepare it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Love Brian's comment!!!