www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Losing the Baby-Proofing Battle

My parents recently told me that they can no longer use their baby gates because Tyler climbs right up them!

My grandmother attempted to baby-proof her kitchen cabinets in anticipation of our visit on Sunday. She took some thick drapery "thread" and tied all the cabinet doors together. But Tyler is taller than she realized. When he couldn't open the ones right in front of him, he reached up and opened the ones just above his head!

This morning, Tyler figured out the child-proof cabinet doors in my bathroom. At first, I thought it was a fluke, so I pushed the door closed and I watched him pull it open a little, stick his finger and and push down on the baby-proof catch. He thought this was really neat and proceeded to practice opening the door about 20 times before he started pulling things out of the cabinets.

Have any of you used the magnetic cabinet door locks? I'm thinking about buying some.

A couple of hours later, I caught him chewing on the twine that Brian used to "Tyler-proof" the pantry. (Meaning Tyler took the loop of twine off the pantry doors and used it as a teether.) Luckily, he was too busy slobbering on the twine to investigate the pantry. He made quite a mess last week!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!! At least you know he's smart--a bit too much so for your good right now! Of course, I really shouldn't laugh as there's no telling what my little angel will be into in a few months!

I did warn Nanny that Ty may be trying to climb the Christmas tree at her house--you planning to put one up this year??