www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Welcome!

So, Brian and I left Tyler with my parents for the weekend. We needed some time to ourselves and we decided to celebrate our 5-year anniversary a couple of weeks early.

Until this weekend, the longest I'd been away from Ty was about 20 hours. That was the only night I'd spent away from him until this weekend. And I cried that time. I only agreed to it because we were having trouble unpacking in our new home with Tyler's "help."

Needless to say, I was very hesitant about this idea of a whole weekend away. (We had a great time and Tyler had a great time, but that is all beside the point.)

We dropped Ty off around 4 Friday afternoon and we got back to my parents' house around 11 Sunday morning. I couldn't wait to kiss him and hug him. I missed his smile, his giggle, the feel of his smooth cheeks and the way he smells.

When we walked in the front door at my parents' house, we accidentally woke Tyler up. He was asleep in my mom's lap. Well, he immediately squirmed down and ran for us. I dropped my keys and knelt down to scoop him up.

He pushed my arms out of the way and ran to his daddy.

Yes, really.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG...how dare he?!?! :)