www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Friday, February 1, 2008

Half a Glass of Tea + a Toddler

Just now, Tyler was pointing at a teeny little bug flying about an inch off the kitchen floor. I used the only thing around to kill it. I smooshed it with my glass of sweet tea. What a Southern gal, eh?

But smart mother I am not.

I walked off to get a paper towel. And I left the half-full glass of tea (and the smooshed bug) sitting right there on the floor. Right next to Tyler.

He heeded the frantic, "Don't touch!" when I realized what I'd done. But I couldn't believe I did that, knowing the force the child is capable of putting into his throws.

Sometimes I wonder how either one of us survives the day, with his mischievous nature and my absent-minded parenting.

No comments: