www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Two New Foods in One Day!

Tyler's OT suggested we give up on the peas & carrots and the scrambled egg since Tyler is not showing any progress with these foods.

The new foods we are introducing: chicken nuggets (the processed kind), green beans and firm fruits like pears, cantaloupe and watermelon.

At the first attempt he ate two small bites of pear, but then he was upset to realize it wasn't an apple and we haven't had a lot of luck since.

He doesn't seem to dislike the texture of the nuggets: he'll hold them, kiss them, and play with them. But he hasn't tried to eat them yet. He did the same with the green beans at therapy this morning. He'd kiss them, make them kiss his nose, he'd hold them, feed them to me, etc. But he wouldn't actually put it in his mouth.

This afternoon, we were playing with green beans and I was playing with the little seed things inside them. Now, I do not like green beans. So every time I put one in my mouth, it is an active act of love. Well, I was putting the seeds in my mouth and shooting it back out with great sound effects. Tyler loved this and would stuff them back in my mouth so I could spit them at him again.

Yes, I realized what a picture this must paint.

Just so happens his daddy comes home to witness the fun. His daddy suggests, "Why don't you put it in Tyler's mouth?" AND TYLER DID. Just like that. Stephanie and I had spent an hour trying for that same result and Brian barely had to make a suggestion. I swear.

Anyway, Ty loved it. He asked for more, so there I was dissecting green beans to find the seeds.

And this evening, Brian got Tyler to eat a few bites of roll (which he does occasionally) and then suggested he try a kernel of corn. Tyler loved the corn. (Del Monte's Summer Crisp, if you're interested.) He kept asking for more. I'm sure he ate at least 12 pieces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get a reward for eating some green beans too! :)