www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Saturday, July 26, 2008

"If I can't see you, you can't spank me!"

This morning, Tyler started climbing the stairs again.

(As in the outside of the stairs**. He can't get past the baby gate, so he holds on to the banister railing and climbs as high as he can on the outside of the railing. The attraction is that he carries a toy up with him and then throws the toy down the stairs. I don't understand it. Do you?)

In my sternest voice, I said, "DO. NOT. CLIMB. THOSE. STAIRS."

He quickly stepped down and grinned at me. He then closed his eyes so tightly his whole face was wrinkled up and he started climbing again. Yes, with his eyes closed.

I stomped my foot. His eyes flew open and he jumped back down off the step.

--
** Apparently he's been climbing like this since December. Click here and scroll down to see the picture from the first time I caught him doing it.

No comments: