www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Overshadowed by an Older Cousin

We're visiting my sister and her kids. Tyler's cousin Travis is hilarious. I've posted a few of the most memorable comments at Of Kids and Dogs. I can't wait 'til Tyler is saying things like this!

Don't get me wrong -- Travis' little sister Carolyn and Tyler are both precious and so funny, but there's something about the unexpected comments from a 5-year-old that are exactly what blogging is all about.

Here's one conversation with Travis.

Me: Let's rest a few minutes. I'm tired. Aren't you?

Travis: No, I'm not tired.

Me: Well, you're young. I'm old.

Travis: Yes, you're old. And you're tired because God is going to take you.

Me: What?!

Travis: Yes, I'll miss you.

Me: You'll miss me if God takes me?

Travis: Yes, because you'll be in Heaven. That's what happens when people get really old, like 100.

How old does he think I am? I assured him that I won't be 100 for a really long time. And then he started talking about the Earth collapsing. He was quite cheerful about it, so I didn't attempt to reassure him. I think he might have been upset if I'd ruined his little fantasy of people living in outer space after the Earth collapses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is a deep conversation. Cute and unnerving at the same time, I bet.;)

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you too! LOL! :)