www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Another DAY (sigh)

I'm still so busy with work this week. Odd since work is technically slow. I won't go into that.

I will go into the fact that my toddler finds trouble everywhere. Even in the totally baby-proof playroom where he is supposed to be totally safe for a few unsupervised minutes.

"Stu," he calls from the playroom. "Stu."

I recognize his pronunciation for "stuck." It sounds very urgent.

He sometimes gets his feet stuck in the very tall baby gate.

I run up the stairs, calling, "Mama's coming. Mama's coming."

He's not stuck. No, he's standing beside the gate holding a small red ball. Crying.

No hands or feet are stuck in the gate.

But wait, he's not holding the ball. It is stuck on his finger. He's very adamant now, "stu!" and crying.

This was a solid plastic ball with no holes in it, like the kind in the ball pits at restaurant playgrounds. We bought them because they were lightweight and all one piece, so he couldn't hurt himself.

Maybe he bit a hole in the ball and stuck his finger in there? Maybe that particular ball was slightly deformed and he picked at it until there was a hole almost big enough for his finger? I don't know.

But I do know his poor little finger was a little purple and had a deep indention. And I do know that I'll be packing up the colorful little balls until he's old enough for a ball pit.

No comments: