www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

One


Making the decision to have a child is momentous.
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone

Tyler is 1 today. I barely remember September 5, 2006, and I don't really remember who I was before Tyler was born.

I do remember when I heard, "It's a boy," and I reached down to take a crying, slippery little boy from the doctor. And I couldn't believe he was finally here.

Watching Tyler grow from a newborn to a fun little boy with an independent attitude — its been an amazing year.

Some of my favorite moments:
• The first smile (I do remember it specifically)... and every smile since then.
• Every giggle, too. I kissed his neck first thing this morning and he giggled. It is the best way to start the day!
• When he gets excited, Tyler does this funny little thing where he squenches his eyes and makes a little "o" with his mouth and breathes in and out quickly. Brian and I talk about how much we miss it when we're away from him. It is sooo cute... in Tyler. (It wasn't so cute when I was making the face -- and the noise -- at Brian the exact moment our waiter delivered food to our table the other week!)
• When Ty first learned to pull up and he held on to our legs for dear life. Brian and I both loved this stage.
• When Ty first started holding out his arms asking to be picked up.
• Baby breath. I love when Tyler is sleepy and he snuggles into my shoulder and breathes sweet little kisses into my neck.


Some of Ty's favorite moments:
• When Daddy tosses him in the air. He complains very loudly when his daddy gets tired and quits.
• When Mama quits working every afternoon and chases him around the house. He giggles so much he can barely walk.
• When he first tried peaches. He smacked his lips to savor every last taste!
• Bath time. Say the word "bath" and he heads for the tub. We have to watch him, too. He'll throw a leg up on the side of the tub and try to climb in before we can even take his diaper off.
• Taking his little pull-toy puppy for a walk!



No comments: