www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Thursday, September 6, 2007

What is he thinking?

One of the funniest things about being a stay-at-home mom is when you realize that you've been talking to someone all day and you haven't heard a single "real word" in return.

Honestly, sometimes I'm very surprised to realize that Tyler can't talk. Not because he's 1 and I think he should be talking, but because I feel like I have had conversations with him!

Is he so simplistic that I don't need words to know what he's thinking? Is he so expressive with his smiles, cries and funny expressions that I don't need to hear the words? Or... am I just transferring my own thoughts on his little person and I don't have any idea how he feels about the world around him?!

And when is it that I realize I haven't heard Tyler talk to me? When I am at a loss for words to transfer onto him. Like the other day when I took advantage of the still-sleepy state right after his nap and tried to cuddle with Tyler on the sofa.

He ran his hand up and down my thumb and then wrapped his fingers tightly around my thumb. He started yanking on my limp hand. When he made me hit myself on the leg, he giggled. When he made me hit myself on the forehead, he giggled. Lap, giggle, head, giggle. Lap, giggle, head, giggle. Lap, giggle, head, giggle. These are the moments that I wish Tyler could talk because I really don't understand. But... I giggled too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd like for you to remember this post at this time next year when he is talking, you do understand what he is saying, but you seriously wonder about the logic behind what in the world he is telling you! It's hilarious!!! :)