www.flickr.com
Tyler Lackey's blog pics photoset Click here to see Tyler's flickr photos

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tradition


P9102667.JPG
Originally uploaded by Tyler Lackey
While we were at Grandma & Grandpa's house, Tyler was introduced to the piece of plywood, the one where my daddy charted my growth and my sister's growth. This sheet of plywood is at least 25 years old. The first marks are dated 1983, before I turned 5 and Jennifer wasn't yet 3. Our marks are somewhat sporadic through the 80s, until we grew taller than the plywood.

We marked Tyler at 29 inches, but as you can tell from the picture, he was not exactly standing straight or still for the process! I guess there were a lot of things that looked more interesting in Grandpa's workshop than a stupid piece of plywood!

But I hope that piece of plywood is around in 30 years so Great-grandpa can chart Tyler's kids and Tyler can compare the generations! We sure had fun last night! At 4.5, Travis is almost as tall as I was at 6 years old! (That isn't saying much!) And Carolyn is a little bitty thing! To see what they thought of the process, visit my flickr pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tyler_lackey/

No comments: